Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden and Skirt

I just planted my corn in one of my two 3x6 raised garden beds on Saturday. I only had room for two 3 foot rows in my little 36 sq. ft. garden, but I am happy nonetheless. I planted broccoli, bush beans, carrots, salad greens, potatoes, and spinach about a week and a half ago. In the next couple of days, I hope to plant two varieties of basil, chives, and peppermint in pots, constituting my mini herb garden. I will try to remember to take and share pictures of the garden in process, and when I harvest what, both for any readers and for my own record for next year's garden.

I also finished a lavendar colored, lightweight skirt. Since yesterday was 75 degrees here, it was good timing. I didn't do my best handiwork, but I kind of wanted it to have a homemade, hippie-esque feel to it, so it is all good. And if the hem ravels, the skirt is long enough to re-hem. I am thinking about doing a tutorial on how to do an easy skirt with one rectangle of fabric, and how to do the waist of an elastic skirt. I also will post pictures of my skirt once it has been washed. :) I may decide to do a weekly post with all my craft projects pictured and described. I am still trying to figure out how to work my blog here best.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful! I planted some annuals in the flower box, but I haven't taken a picture yet because they're not doing so well. They almost died in fact! I planted them and then it froze here in Texas the very next night. Also I think they needed more water because they started to look burned. But the blooms are slowly coming and I think they're going to make it. I would love that tutorial you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

May your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. :)