Friday, April 17, 2009

Mmm, Mmm!

I have been trying to make our food purchases healthier in the last few months, including switching to whole wheat flour for everything. It had been a long time since I had baked snickerdoodle cookies, sometime far back in the days of white flour (my husband says I have never made them for him, and we have been married for more than 15 months, so... a long time ago!). So I was afraid to try my favorite cookie with whole wheat flour and have it turn out disappointing. I picked up WW pastry flour, figuring I would give them a fair chance, and tried it today to see if they were going to be fit to bring to a small, roughly 20 person group meeting with friends from church in one of their homes.

Success! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they turned out just about the same as before! I didn't do anything to the quantities, and it worked. Now, I don't know that whole wheat flour really makes a cookie recipe with 1/2c. shortening and 1/2c. butter a healthy recipe, but at least it is better. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've always enjoyed reading about your hobbies.

    I've never tried whole wheat flour, but Crystal at www.moneysavingmom.com uses it all the time and her stuff always looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

May your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. :)