Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bye to Felix the Cat

Felix was our cat. He died in the night from wounds from an unknown attacker, probably a raccoon considering the extent. My feelings are a bit conflicted, as he was really miserable from the injuries, but it is always sad to have your pet die. Jonathan loved the kitty, so after a break from pet ownership, I think I'd like another cat in our lives. Felix was a well-lived cat, having lived many places and enjoyed a life of ease with owners who loved him. Thanks for eating my hair and being distractingly loving to our guests during bible studies at the house. :) Bye, Felix. :(

the black fuzzy one on the black fuzzy pillow on the left

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the loss of Felix. Hopefully the next kitty can be an indoor kitty so you don't have to go through another loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your Felix :( I lost my George a year ago and I don't think I will ever stop missing him. I think having another kitty in your life will help you with the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about Felix. He looks like he lived in comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sorry about Felix; it is so hard to lose a pet. We take them in and provide food and care; in return they give us their undying love and affection. And they do even more for our children; pets teach them to be gentle, to respect other living things, to share, they often become a confidant, and to be responsible for someone other than themselves. I think we often get the best end of the deal; they make us better people for having lived with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry too, reading about the loss of your kitty. I have been owned by cats for the past 30 years. When the time is right, another will adopt you.

    ReplyDelete

May your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. :)