Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mystery Fleeces

A friend from church got me some fleeces from the barn at her work. They don't do anything with them, so she offered to get some for me! I now have 6 garbage bags of wool in my garage. :) It smells very sheepy, as nothing was done to keep their wool clean. But all those pounds of wool for free is worth the work! It isn't a yarn wool breed, but the staple length is good. It is crimped insanely, though, crimping up and down in a crazy way about 10 times per inch. Those sheep had afros. After playing with it in my fingers, I think it'll spin up nice if I can ever get it clean!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you should sign up for the OFFF class - So I bought a fleece - what do I do with it? Shelia teaches it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

May your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. :)