Thursday, May 20, 2010

New Wheel and a Laugh

As most of you know, I am in the buying supplies/designing stage of making a bulky spinner. I have been researching hardware, and had to wonder what is up with the anatomical names?!? I guess I can deal with male/female, but this? There was a plumbing fixture that looked promising for an axle... called a nipple. I am sorry, but as a mom I really don't think I want to walk into a hardware store and ask a man "Where are your steel nipples?" LOL, can you say embarrasing!? I understand the male/female terminology, though I wish it were replaced perhaps, but I think nipple goes a little too far. (blushes and laughs)

2 comments:

  1. I think Orifice goes too far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it could be worse - you might have needed a ball cock valve for the toilet :)

    ReplyDelete

May your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. :)