Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Survived le Tour de Fleece!




I made it across the finish line! For Team Rookie, Team Spindle, and Team Hopelessly Overcommitted. I finally finished my first and only TdF yarn. So indulge my overexcitedness, if you will. :) I have been spinning only since about April, and never spun anything thin, so I made thin spinning my goal for the Tour. I dyed my own 4oz of merino roving for the tour with Kool Aid, spun 3 fine singles, 1 on my CD spindle and 2 on my Ashford, then plied them together. It involved much frustration, learning, and time, but I am really happy with the end result! Roughly 210 yards of roughly 15wpi 3 ply sock yarn in sunset colors! The borders are the orange that is not showing up well in the photos, the lighter parts are orange. I couldn't quite capture the vibrance of the color on camera, but it looks just like a Pacific Coast sunset. :) Sigh (of happy relief)... now I will go back to my hooks and needles for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job! It turned out really well; can't wait to see it on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

May your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt. :)